Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Secret Locker

















Summer is over. I walk into the new school building for the first time. Everything about this school is big! From the lockers, to the doors, to the floor tile. I meet my new teacher. She's nice, but her rules are strict. Very strict! We walk into the library. I can't believe my eyes! This room is smaller than the bathroom! I'd be surpised if there were even five shelves of books. Besides, their all boring topics like "The History of the Southwest"by Emily Emm, or "Who Invented the Ice Cream Cone? The True Story!". So, anyway, we leave the library. We finish our tour after being lectured on how "You should never bring gum to school!" Then, we get to see our lockers. I open the door to my locker, and you'd never guess what was there! A combination! Then, I see something else that amazes me. A keypad! At first, I think it's a calculator. But then I mess around with it a little. One... I can't find a plus sign! Two, enter. "Beep". Then, I have an idea! I press the numbers on the combination. 5,3,8,2. "Click!". "That's it?", I wonder. I press on the opposite side of the locker. Slowly,quietly, the blue passage creaks open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to find out what is on the other side! There is nothing better than a great suspense story. You've got me hooked.

Anonymous said...

Great little story. My favorite though is still "Splash" I think you descriptions there are so great - probably becasue you were writing about an experience you truly have had. I would love for you to write a story about a young girl riding a two -wheel bicycle for the first time and what that is like for her... Keep up the great work!!