Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shifting Ideas

I stare at my teached, open mouthed. I wonder how she found it? Sure, she is smart, but is she really that smart? Then I remember the four years she spent in college. I keep thinking about it all day, and finally decide to visit the library after school. I had forgotten how marvelous the library was. I sit down on a bean bag and read every single book in the library. I don't worry about time, because I had previously discovered that the clock doesn't move a second faster than you want it to. In this case, it doesn't move at all. While I'm reading, I discover something. The book changes as you read it! It is true. The pictures and their lines shift to fit the subject perfectly. This library kept getting stranger and stranger. Or was I just starting to think differently?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, Your writing is wonderful. Your word choices are intriguing and the tone is captivating. I teach 7th and 8th graders who would love to be able to write with your skill and maturity. Keep it up - I foresee writing in your future. :)

Pam Nielson said...

I teach 8th grade, and NONE of my students write this eloquently or this sophisticated. You have a gift for it. Keep writing!

Unknown said...

Your writing is nothing short of AMAZING! You have a gift, and I hope you keep using it. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, I read lot of kid authors and I rarely see writing as interesting and articulate as yours. I have enjoyed my time reading your blog. Keep up the good work!

Scott Shelhart said...

What a joy to read. My daughter is in 4th grade and wants to start a blog. I am going to have her use your blog as a model. Great work!

Becky Herl said...

I cannot wait to share your writing with teachers and students in my district! Everyone is correct. You have a wonderful talent. Continue to share it.

Mrs. Lang said...

Amazing writing! Keep the story coming you have me hooked. I want to know what happens next.